When creating an account on a social network, it is sometimes tempting to give an email address that you no longer use in order to avoid possible unwanted messages. However, it makes more sense, if only for security reasons, to have easy access to this address. Fortunately, Instagram allows you to change your e-mail address at any time.
If you have entered a false e-mail address or the address of a mailbox that you no longer use, it is strongly recommended that you change it. In addition, changing the e-mail address in your Instagram account is very simple and only takes a few seconds. In a more general way, to know exactly how to manage your Instagram account, do not hesitate to consult our various tutorials available on this subject.
Change the e-mail address of your Instagram account
- First, open the Instagram application on your smartphone or tablet and go to your personal page. To do this, touch your account icon: the small circle at the bottom right of your screen that contains your profile picture.
- Once you’re on your Insta page, select “Edit Profile”. You’ll find it between your personal information (number of publications, subscribers and subscriptions) and the photos you’ve posted on the social network.
- Now scroll down to the very bottom of the page that just appeared and press “Personal Information Settings” which is highlighted in blue.
- From the various personal information on this page, select your e-mail address (first).
- It is thus via this new window that you will be offered to change your e-mail address. Touch the line on which your current address appears (you can’t make a mistake, there is only one!), delete it and then enter the e-mail address you have chosen for your Instagram account.
- Once this is done, press the blue check mark in the top right corner of the screen. This will validate your action.
A small window will then appear on the screen, warning you that a mail with a link has just been sent to this new address. You will then have to go to your mailbox and follow the link in question to validate the change of e-mail address. Please note that for this to work, you will need to check your mailbox from the same device with which you made this change of address request.
We recommend that you quickly change your Instagram account e-mail address if the e-mail address you entered has been hacked or appears to have a security flaw. Your account may contain valuable, even sensitive, information that needs to be protected.
Sharing your personal information may occur for a number of reasons: you may want to contact a colleague after work or you may have been involved in a car accident and need to stay in contact with the other driver. Unfortunately, giving out information can be the key to others finding your social media accounts, such as Instagram, whether you want to or not.
Anyone with your phone number registered in their contacts or who has added you to Facebook can find your Instagram account, especially if they intend to hunt you down. All they have to do is go to their Instagram account and go to their Find Friends page. There they will find all the accounts associated with the phone numbers stored in their contacts, which could mean your account. If you want to keep your profile private, here are some tips to follow.