Do you like this person, but lately they’ve been constantly asking for your attention, and you find it a bit tiresome to be drowned out by an endless stream of messages? Fortunately, Instagram allows its users to keep away – without going as far as blocking – any individual deemed too invasive.
>>>>Use This Online Tool to Hide direct messages on Instagram >>>>
It can’t be repeated enough: in order for a social network to remain enjoyable and not be a vector of unnecessary stress, you need to learn how to use it well. As with Facebook or Twitter, it is necessary to know how to secure and manage your privacy on Instagram. In this new tutorial, we teach you how to block private messages from an Instagram account.
Blocking private messages from an Instagram account
- Start by opening your Instagram app by tapping on the icon installed on your device. Then go to the account of the person in question. If his or her profile is not displayed on your homepage, press the “Search” tab represented by a magnifying glass and located at the bottom of your screen on the left side.
- Then touch the search bar which has the same symbol and is located at the top of the page.
- When you tap there, Instagram will offer you a list of profiles among your contacts. If the person you want to limit the exchanges with is not there, type his name in the search bar until you see his account appear in the list.
- Then tap on that person’s profile to go to their Instagram account.
- Once on his page, touch the three vertical dots, symbol of settings, positioned in the upper right of the screen.
- In the small window that opens, select “Restrict”.
- That’s it! Now you can press “Close” or “Learn more” if you want to know more about this remote function.
This feature can also be applied from the private conversation you were having with this person until now. All you have to do is press the icon representing an encircled “i” and select “Restrict”.
Note: it is of course possible to go back and unblock the private messages so that you can easily exchange with this account. The path is then exactly the same. You will simply click on “Unblock” in the last window. From there you can also “Block” that person or “Hide your story”.
To prevent and avoid as much as possible violent, insulting or simply undesirable exchanges, Instagram allows you to completely block access to your account to any user. This user will not be able to contact you. The “Restrict” function of the social network is less radical: it guarantees you peace of mind and protects your privacy while leaving your door open. In concrete terms, this means that you will not receive notifications if the “restricted” person starts a conversation, but that his or her private messages will still be accessible in your mailbox if you decide to check them. The account in question will not be able to see if you are online or not, nor will it be able to see that you have read their messages.