Want to know the visitors to your Instagram profile? Alas, there is no way to know exactly! But you can get a little idea thanks to various tips…
If you’re on Instagram, it’s because you like to expose yourself. Or, at least, share your photos and other stories. And you are probably attentive to the marks of interest that other members of the social network have for you, to the comments left on your posts, and, of course, to your number of followers, absolute indicator of your popularity. But, like many other Instagram members, you might want to know a little more and, in particular, see who has visited your profile.
There are many apps that promise to show you who is viewing your Instagram profile. But don’t be fooled: these apps are absolutely useless! They most often try to get your personal information or make you pay for a perfectly useless service. At best, they will give you a list of people you’ve recently interacted with, which you can see for free on Instagram!
How can you see who has viewed your Instagram profile?
In practice, it is impossible to know exactly who has viewed your Instagram profile: the social network keeps its various algorithms secret and does not allow any third-party application to give out its information. However, you can determine which people regularly visit your account with a few standard features.
See the list of viewers of your stories
Instagram allows you to see who has viewed your stories. This is actually the only way to know who has viewed your profile. Indeed; the social network saves the list of viewers who have viewed your story and allows you to view it during its 24 hours of publication.
- To access this list, go to your Instagram profile with the app.
- Open your story and drag it up. Each viewer’s name, subscribed or not, is listed.
The more stories you post, the more likely you are to know who regularly sees your content and visits your profile. Note, however, that a user who follows you may well have viewed your story from the home screen of the application, so without having visited your profile.
Examine recent likes, comments and followers
Activity related to your posts can also give you clues about who may have viewed your profile.
- Without the Instagram app, open the Activity page by tapping the heart icon at the bottom of the screen.
- On this page, you’ll be able to see which people have recently subscribed and which people are commenting or liking your posts.
These mentions and activities usually indicate that a user has seen your profile. The more “likes” or comments a visitor leaves on your posts, the more likely they are to have viewed your profile.
If you have a business account, you have a statistics section. You can access it from the Statistics button on your profile page.
In this section, you can obtain indicative data about the visitors to your account. The exact names of the users do not appear, but information such as city, country, average age and gender is available. This can provide you with substantial clues.
Remove a visitor tracking app on Instagram
It’s been said: all the apps promising to tell you who viewed your Instagram profile are only out to get money or your personal data. Some of these apps include Who viewed my profile, InstaAgent, Qmiran, Kazuy, SocialView, InstaCare, and Who Viewed Me on Instagram, among others. Don’t install them!
If you’ve already installed one of these apps, here are the steps to take to get rid of them and protect yourself.
- In the third-party app, start by logging out if possible.
- Then uninstall the third-party application.
Next, you need to check if you have allowed the third-party app to connect to your Instagram account.
- To do this, open the Instagram app.
- Access your profile by tapping on your avatar in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- On your profile page, open Instagram’s menu by tapping the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings in the pop-up menu.
- Then open the Security section.
- On the Security page, open the Apps and Websites subheading in the Data and History section.
- On this page, you can check if the app is connected to your account and remove its permissions if necessary.
This will protect you from information theft by these applications. However, always keep an eye out when you give permissions to access your personal data.