Has this ever happened to you? Intentionally deleting your Instagram account, then suddenly realizing you still need it. Or simply done it without realizing it. Wrong move and bam! your account is permanently deleted. Either way, you need to get your permanently deleted Instagram account back.
Instagram policy: impossible to restore a deleted account
Here’s why it’s annoying. According to the policy of the social network so beloved by stars around the world, once your account has been deleted using your password, there’s no way to restore it.
But in some cases, it is possible to reactivate a deactivated or deleted Instagram account:
- handling error;
- hacking of your account that led to its deletion.
The different steps to recover a permanently deleted Instagram account
One thing you need to remember so that you don’t make the same mistakes again is that the social network is very much into rules and security. But in these aforementioned cases, it is possible to take recourse by contacting the Instagram help center. Here’s how to do it.
- Open your Instagram application
- Enter your username and password
- First, try resetting your password with the “Forgot Password” option.
If that doesn’t work, all you have to do is contact the social network’s help center.
Contact the technical support
- Click on the previous link
- You will be redirected to an Instagram page
- Answer the question, “Does this account represent a business, product or service? Check YES or NO.
- You will then be given a questionnaire to fill out. Answer all the questions: your full name, username, the email address used to create the account, and your country of residence.
- Then submit.
Follow the instructions
After submitting the form, the social network’s technical support team will contact you within 48 hours, or more depending on their availability. You will receive an email with a number code and instructions to follow.
Instagram will ask you to send him a clear photo of the owner of the profile holding in his hands, a paper on which is written the code that was sent to you.
- So take a large sheet of paper, preferably white, and write the code you received on it, but also your full name and username in BIG LETTERS.
- Hold the paper with your hands and ask someone to take a picture of you or do it yourself if possible. Above all, make sure that the photo is clear and the elements are clearly visible.
- Reply to the email with the photo.
If all the instructions are followed correctly, you will be able to recover your account within 2 or 3 days. The support team will send you a second email with a link to restore your account. Just click on it to get your permanently deleted Instagram account back.
Hopefully, with these tips, you can now recover your permanently deleted Instagram account. Sometimes, the support may be overwhelmed and not quickly respond to you. Therefore, you will have to be patient. If you need help, please contact us.
Still can’t get your account back? If this option doesn’t help, know that you can create a new Instagram account with the same email address. It’s even possible to reuse your username if it’s still available.