Want to get on Instagram? Create your account in a few minutes to follow the stars of the network and your friends, but also publish your own photos and videos and collect followers.
>>>>Use This Online Tool to Sign up for Instagram without Phone number>>>>
Created in 2010 and acquired by Facebook in 2012, Instagram is undoubtedly one of the most popular social networks with more than one billion active users in 2020 worldwide. If this platform was initially exclusively dedicated to photos, other types of publications quickly appeared contributing to its global success, such as loops – the famous animated GIFs -, short videos and especially stories, these ephemeral videos inspired by Snapchat and popular with teenagers and young adults. Over time, Instagram has also been enriched with functions that have transformed it into a full-fledged social network, including an internal messaging system that allows users to discuss and share images directly with friends, or IGTV, a section that allows users to discover the best videos and stories of the stars of the moment.
But while many celebrities use Instagram as a showcase, anyone can participate, whether to post images – and expose their life and passions – or to follow friends or influencers. Because Instagram is completely free: all you have to do is create an account to log in and enjoy it!
Note that you can use Instagram in two ways: either with the mobile application (available for free Android and iOS), or with a simple Internet browser, on a computer for example.
Create an Instagram account on mobile
In order to use Instagram on your mobile device – phone or tablet – you must first download and install the app.
- If you have an Android device, download the Instagram app from the Google Play Store.
- If you have an iPhone or iPad, download the Instagram app from the Apple App Store.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed on your mobile device, open it to create your Instagram account.
- The home screen offers two options: either sign up using your Facebook account, provided you have the Facebook app installed and are logged into your account or; or sign up using a phone number or email address.
Create an Instagram account with a phone number or email address
- Tap Sign up with a phone number or email address.
- On the next screen, tap the Phone or Email Address tab at the top, depending on which you prefer to use.
- Enter your number or email address and press Next.
- A confirmation code will be sent by SMS or email, depending on which you choose. Copy this code and paste it in the appropriate field, then press Next.
- After verification of the code, a new screen will appear. Enter your name in the appropriate field, then press Next.
- Then create a password for your account. Check the box Save password if you don’t want to have to enter it every time you access the account, then press Next.
- On the next screen, enter your date of birth and press Next again.
- You’ll finally arrive at the Instagram welcome screen. But the process isn’t quite finished yet. Your username is displayed on the screen. If you want to change it, press the blue Change username link, otherwise press the Next button.
- If you have requested to change the username, a new screen will appear where you can change it. Press Next to confirm the change.
- Whether you asked to change the username or not, you are then prompted to add your Facebook contacts. Tap Connect to Facebook to select your contacts to follow on Instagram or click Ignore.
- Instagram will then prompt you to search for friends using Instagram in the list of contacts saved your device. Tap Search in Contacts to search and add your friends or Ignore to skip this step.
- Instagram then offers to add a profile photo. By tapping Add Photo, you have the choice of importing a photo from Facebook, taking a photo with your device, or choosing one from the gallery of images stored on your mobile device. You can also skip this step by pressing Ignore.
- Next, Instagram will offer you a list of popular accounts to discover. Tap the Subscribe button to follow an account. Tap Next to continue.
- The last setup screen is for notifications. Press Enable if you want to receive them or Ignore if you don’t want to be bothered – or invaded…
- Once you’ve gone through all these steps, you’ll be taken to the home screen of your Instagram account. You may also be asked for additional permissions to access the camera or your mobile contact list.
Create an Instagram account via a Facebook account
- Since most of the information is taken from your Facebook account, you’ll go straight to the welcome screen. The username shown is your Facebook account username. Press the blue Change Username link to change it, or Next if you are happy with the name.
- If you have requested to change the username, a new screen will appear allowing you to choose another name. Press Next when the name is changed.
- All the following steps are identical to the one described for the registration via a number or an email address: adding and searching for friends from Facebook and the contact directory, adding a profile photo, suggesting accounts to follow and allowing notifications… Once all the steps are completed, you can access the home screen of your Instagram account
Create an Instagram account on a computer
Although Instagram is primarily designed for mobile use, it’s entirely possible to create an account from a computer – more accurately, from any device with a web browser. This means you can check your account, view your news feed and even post via Instagram’s site, using Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Brave or any other browser.
- Log in to the Instagram site with your web browser.
- Click on the blue Sign Up link under the login form.
Just like on mobile, you can create your account by logging in with Facebook, using an email address or phone number.
Create an Instagram account with a phone number or email address
In the registration form, first enter your phone number or email address, your full name, username and password and then click Next.
- Enter your date of birth and click Next.
- A code will be sent to the address or number you entered. Enter the code you received and click on Next.
Once the code is sent and verified, your account is created and you are immediately redirected to the Instagram homepage.
Create an Instagram account with a Facebook account
- In the registration form, click the Connect with Facebook button.
If you’re not logged into your account, you’ll be taken to a login page. Enter your credentials and click Login.
- Once you are logged into Facebook, an authorization window will appear. Click Continue as [your username].
- Return to the Instagram registration form, confirm your username and password, and click Register.
- Once you’ve completed registration, your account is created and you’re taken to the Instagram homepage.