Here’s how to simply download and record any Facebook video to your computer, iPhone or Android smartphone. These 12 effective methods are free, work in 2021, are done online and without software (for the most part).
If Facebook wants to compete with YouTube by prioritizing video content in its users’ News Feed, how can you upload a video posted on a Facebook page or profile? The 12 simple and effective tips we present in this article work very well in 2021 (compared to other older tips that don’t work anymore).
Natively, Facebook doesn’t give the possibility to download a video simply via the advanced settings available next to its video player, so you have to use external online services or extensions to achieve this.
Fortunately, with the help of some websites, extensions and tools on different browsers, it is very simple to download any Facebook video directly online.
The steps we’ll show you here will only take a few seconds, but you should be aware that you can infringe copyright at any time and expose yourself to legal action by recording a Facebook video in this way. TEMPSAPP will not be held responsible if this happens (unlikely as long as you do not resell the videos or use them for negative purposes).
1- MP3Studio, the best software we found (working in 2021) that allows you to save videos from Facebook
How to download videos from Facebook?
- Just copy the link of the Facebook video you want to save to your MAC or Windows computer and paste it into the download section.
- Then choose the export format you prefer (MP3, AVI..).
- Then click on “Convert” and you will see the video download instantly.
Some advantages of MP3Studio software
- Download from Facebook (and YouTube, Instagram, Soundcloud, and more).
- Download videos with resolutions up to 8K.
- Unlimited download speed.
- Private download (no risk to you).
- Support for cloud services.
- Edit ID3 tags.
Convert videos and audios to different formats, besides MP3 and MP4.
Support for unlimited multiple downloads.
A really neat interfeca and user experience.
=> Download MP3 Studio for free or get a discount when you buy using the promo code STHELP (limited time offer).
2 – The best method (that works in 2021) to download any Facebook video online and without software
Here is THE method of the moment that works to download any Facebook video online and without software:
- To start, go to the Facebook page that contains the video you want to download (it can be a profile but the video must have been shared in “public” mode otherwise it won’t work)
- Click on the publication with the video and make sure you get the exact URL of the video:
- Here is an example of a video URL that can be downloaded by following the few steps presented here: https://www.facebook.com/tempsapp/videos/6545382991991/
- Then go to this site: https://www.fbdown.net/index.php (or this one http://fbvideosaver.net/ which is also a free alternative to download a Facebook video online)
- Copy and paste the URL of the Facebook page containing the video then click on the “Download” button
- The site will send you to a page with the thumbnail of the video detected and then give you the opportunity to click on 2 links to download the video in normal or HD format
- WARNING: you must click on the non-underlined links presented with the red arrows above. You must not click on the banners with the green button otherwise you will be redirected to another site and the download will not work (the creator of the site will pocket a few tens of cents thanks to your click on his ads).
- Once the link is clicked, all you have to do is define where to save the video on your PC or Mac by right-clicking on the video and then “Save video as”.
If you’re using Google Chrome, you can also download any Facebook video with a Chrome extension (the featured site has its own extension but it’s no longer listed on the Chrome Store, so you’ll have to follow our procedure below to save any video from Chrome).
3 – VideoProc, one of the best software to download any Facebook video
In this article, we list the best options of the moment to download Facebook videos. VideoProc is a very good option to consider if you want to be free from ads and the risk of clicking on malicious ads.
How to record a Facebook video with VideoProc?
- Step 1: Go to the VideoProc website and click on the “Download” icon on the main interface. Then install the software on your computer.
- Step 2: Copy and paste the URL of the video you want to upload into the software.
- Step 3: Select a video output format and quality, and then click “Download Selected Videos”.
- Step 4: Click “Download Now” to save the Facebook video of your choice to your computer.
Why VideoProc is one of the best computer software to download Facebook videos?
- VideoProc download function is 100% free, safe and stable;
- Record videos with different formats and original quality (4K, 1080p, 720p, etc.);
- Bulk upload multiple videos at once to save time;
- Upload audios and playlists to YouTube;
- Support YouTube live stream recording;
- Constantly update to keep the download function working perfectly;
Other interesting features of VideoProc
- Convert video, audio, DVD to over 420 formats and devices: MP4 HEVC / H.264, AVI, MOV, FLV, WMV, MKV, MP3, WAV, OGG, iPhone, iPad, Android, Xbox, etc.
- Easily edit video: cut, merge, crop, rotate, slow down or speed up video, stabilize shaky video, correct A/V synchronization, etc.
- Record all or part of the screen on PC/Mac; record with webcam; record with screen and webcam
Save up to 60% on VideoProc lifetime license to unlock all features. Free lifetime update guaranteed.
4 – How to download and record any Facebook video with software? (4K Video Downloader)
Another simple and effective method is to use a Mac and Windows compatible software to install once on your computer or Macbook. Here, we will use “4K Video Downloader“, which we think is the simplest and most effective tool to download Facebook videos and save them on your computer or Macbook.
To record a video from this software, you just have to
- Download and install the 4K Video Downloader software on your computer or Mac
- Go to Facebook and get the link of the Facebook publication that contains the video you want to download (by clicking on the 3 dots next to the publication and then clicking on “Copy Link”).
- Open the “4K Video Downloader” software and paste the link of the video by clicking on “Paste link”.
- At this point, all you have to do is select the output quality of the video you want to download as well as the location on your macbook or computer where you want the video to be saved before clicking on “Download” to start downloading the video.
Once the video is 100% downloaded, all you have to do is to go and get it back from where you saved it. Simple, fast and efficient!
If you want to embed this video on the web, remember to choose an SEO-friendly embedding mode to avoid impacting your loading time.
PS: this tip also works to upload a Linkedin, Instagram, TikTok or YouTube video.
5 – How to download any Facebook video to MP4/MP3 from Windows computer with software?
If the above software doesn’t suit you, there is another alternative: the WinX Video Converter software.
Although this software is initially known for converting videos into different formats, it also offers a section dedicated to downloading videos from social networks including Facebook.
To save any Facebook video in MP4 or MP3 format with this Windows-compatible software, you just have to download it and follow this simple procedure:
- Download and install the Windows or Mac version of WinX Video Converter and install it on your computer;
- Go to Facebook and get the URL of the video you want to record (e.g. https://www.facebook.com/Tempsapp/videos/1481101385562649)
- Then click on the button with the link in the program and fill in the URL of the 4K/HD/SD video before clicking on “Analyse”;
- You will have all the resolution options, you just have to choose the one you want and click on “Confirm”;
- Once this action is done, you just have to click on the blue button “Run” to start downloading the video.
If you wish, you can also download a Facebook video in MP3 format. To do this, simply check the “Auto conversion” box and set the “Output configuration” option to “Music” -> “MP3”:
PS: the video will be automatically saved in the folder that has been specified but you have the hand to change this if needed. WinX Video Converter supports downloading several videos at the same time. The software is compatible with downloading YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo videos and more than 1000 sites.
6 – How to download a free Facebook video online from a computer and via Google Chrome?
If you use the Google Chrome browser like most of the French Internet users, there is a Chrome extension dedicated to downloading videos shared on Facebook. The extension we are going to present here is called Facebook Video Downloader. By simply downloading this Chrome extension, you will be able to download any video published on Facebook by following a few simple steps.
Here is the procedure to follow to download your first Facebook video from Chrome with a dedicated extension
- Go to this page of The Flash Video Downloader extension on the Chrome Web Store
- Install the Chrome extension (click “Add” and then “Add Extension” in the popup that appears).
- Go to a Facebook page or profile with the video you want to download (avoid staying on your newsfeed, click instead on the publication itself so that it is the only video detectable on the page by the extension).
- Once on the URL of a Facebook video, the small red icon of the extension (located in the upper right corner of the browser) will display a green dot with the number “1” if it detects a video to download. If nothing is detected at first, don’t hesitate to reload the page and launch the video in order to facilitate the detection of the video by the extension.
- Then click on the small red icon with the green ” 1 “. The detected videos will be displayed below and you will have to click on the icon with the down arrow.
- When you click on it, you will be redirected to the site (not https) http://fbvideosaver.net, which is normal.
- Overview of one of the last steps before saving the video to your computer
- Click on the green “Download” button to be redirected once again to Facebook and a URL like https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/
- Last step: save the Facebook video to the desired location on your computer
The last step is to right click on the video and then “Save video as…” (“CTRL + S”). (“CTRL + S” possible to go faster) then save and download the video on your computer to the location of your choice.
7 – How to record a Facebook video on a PC with a Mozilla Firefox module?
If you are a fan of Mozilla Firefox browser, there is a Firefox addon comparable to Google Chrome extension The Flash Video Downloader. This Firefox addon is called Video DownloadHelper, it will allow you to download any flash video on a page (Facebook and YouTube).
Here are the steps to download a Facebook video from Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to this page of the Firefox Video DownloadHelper addon.
- Click on the green “Add to Firefox” button and then click on “Install Now” on the popup that will appear.
- Then click “Restart Now” to close Mozilla Firefox and reopen it with the addon enabled (if Firefox asks you to).
- When you restart Firefox, you will be automatically sent to the addon page, close this page and go to Facebook to find the video of your choice to download.
- To easily download a Facebook video, go to the exact URL of the publication that contains the video to download (you should only have this preference on your page).
- Once on the page with the visible video, click on the red yellow and blue icon dedicated to the extension just installed. By clicking on the addon’s icon, the addon will tell you which video you can upload on this Facebook page and in which format.
- Then simply click on the format you are interested in (the more quality format you choose, the longer it may take but the better the quality of the video will be). In the example above, I chose the 1080 x 1080 format which was the best quality available for download.
- After clicking on the desired link, the extension will save the video in the background (which will strain your computer’s performance).
- Once the download is complete, the video will be automatically saved on your PC in the “dwhelper” folder. On my computer, it has been saved in ” C:\Users\Vincent\dwhelper\ “.
8 – How to download a Facebook video from an iPhone ?
If you use an iPhone or an iPad, it is also possible to download any Facebook video (or almost) thanks to a free application without having to jailbreak your iPhone / iPad (which I don “t recommend at all by the way on a personal basis).
Here is the procedure to follow from an iPhone
- Download the application called “DManager” available on the App Store. This application is free.
- Once the DManager application is installed on your iPhone, go to Facebook on the video you want to download and copy the link of the video (option available in the sharing options).
- Once you’ve downloaded the video link, go to the DManager application and paste the URL into the browser bar.
- Following the steps in the video above, you will be able to download any video from your iPhone and save it in your media library (beware, videos take up a lot of storage space, so make sure you have enough before downloading).
Paid applications for iPhone probably also exist to perform the same tasks, but here I only want to show you the free possibilities to retrieve any Facebook video.
9 – How to download and record a Facebook video from an Android smartphone?
If you use a smartphone running on the Android operating system, there is also a free application that allows you to download any video shared on Facebook via a page or profile. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Start by downloading the MyVideoDownloader For Facebook application from the PlayStore.
- After downloading and installing the application, log in to Facebook by clicking on “Log in” after opening the application.
- Once connected to your Facebook account, a menu on the left side of your screen will allow you to access many video contents:
- Those you have liked
- Those available on pages
- Those available on groups
- Once you have found and checked off the video you want to download using this menu, all you have to do is click on the button in the shape of a downward arrow at the top right of your screen.
- The download of the Facebook video in HD will then start automatically and the application will inform you of the download percentage.
- When the download is complete, you will be able to access the video from your usual file explorer on Android.
10 – How to record (download indirectly) any private Facebook or Messenger video?
The methods presented in points “1” to “6” only work for videos shared publicly by pages, groups, events or public accounts.
Do you want to recover a video shared in a private environment on Facebook (video shared privately on a personal account or a Messenger video)?
Here’s a sneaky way to record any video shared on Facebook or Messenger from a computer.
- If you are using Google Chrome or Firefox, get the free Screencastify extension (available in Chrome and Firefox), it will actually allow you to choose which part of your screen to record and thus give you the possibility to indirectly record a private video shared on Facebook.
- If you want to record from a computer, we recommend the free OpenSource software OBS Studio which will allow you to record your screen from a Windows, Mac or Linux computer. It will work the same way as the extension but you will have no limit and no watermark added on the video, so it will be more qualitative.
- Once the extension or the software is installed, all you have to do is launch the capture of your screen in real time when you go to play the video Messenger or on a private Facebook account.
You may have to use a free video editing software like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker if you want to get something more accomplished but this technique works very well in system D.
11 – How to record Facebook videos for later?
If you really can’t manage to download the Facebook video of your choice using one of the methods detailed above (which shouldn’t happen), you should know that you can also record a Facebook video to view it later on your computer or smartphone.
Here’s how it works in practice
- Go to your News Feed or any Facebook post with the video you’re interested in
- Click on the 3 small dots located at the top right of the publication (when in the News Feed) or the “…” located under the video (when on a page with the video in large size) then click on “Save the video”.
- Once this operation is done, you will be able to find at any time this publication with the video in your “Recordings” section located here: https://www.facebook.com/saved/
12 – How to download a Facebook video from a Mac?
If you use a MAC (Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac), the procedure is pretty much the same as for Windows and Linux computer users, but you’ll just need to have Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox installed as a browser on your Mac if you want to opt for the option requiring the download and installation of an extension.
If you don’t want to download an extension or if you only use Safari, please refer to the first method explained to extract any Facebook video directly online without any software and save it on your Mac.
These tips will allow you to download and save any Facebook video, even the copyrighted ones. Before republishing it on your page or on your YouTube account, make sure you have the right permissions or you may be sued and fined (the best way is to ask the author of the video for permission and then tag him in the publication that republishes the video).
If you have any question or want to suggest another solution to upload videos shared on Facebook, feel free to react to the article by posting a comment through the form below, I’ll be happy to help and answer you.