In the past, on Instagram not everyone could get that little blue check mark next to their name, a symbol indicating a certified account. But not anymore!
Today, anyone can be certified on Instagram, and this can be an especially valuable part of an Instagram marketing strategy.
If you’re interested in learning how to be Instagram certified, then you’ve come to the right place. Applying for verification on Instagram is simple, and you’ll find all the steps you need to take to get it in this article.
How to get your instagram account certified
- Open Instagram and go to your profile
- Open your settings
- Scroll down to the “Verification Request” tab and fill out the request form.
- Submit your application and wait to hear from Instagram on your status to see if you are certified
How to get certified on Instagram
Whether you have a personal or business Instagram account, you can apply for certification. Verification will cause a small blue check mark to appear at the top of your Instagram profile, and will identify your profile as the one and only profile about you.
Keep in mind that applying for certification on Instagram does not necessarily mean they will approve your application (That would be irrelevant). Once we’ve gone through all the steps of the certification application process, we’ll detail Instagram’s application approval requirements. Are you ready to get certified on Instagram?
How to apply for certification on Instagram
- Open your Instagram app and go to your own profile. To do so, click on the button on the bottom right.
- From your profile, go to your settings. To do this, click on the menu button in the upper right corner (three stacked rows). This will open a menu with a variety of tabs. At the bottom of the screen, you will see a gear-shaped “Settings” button. Press this button.
- In your settings, scroll down to the “Request Verification” tab, which you’ll find under Accounts. Click this button to complete the request.
- From there, you’ll need to fill out the Instagram certification request form. To do this, be prepared to submit the following:
- Your full name
- Your account name
- The name you are known by (for example, musicians with a stage name)
- Your account category (choose from News/Media, Sports, Government/Politics, Music, Fashion, Entertainment, Blogger/Influencer, Business/Brand/Organization, or Other)A photo of your government-issued photo ID (if you are a personal account) or legal or business ID (if you are a business account).
Also, remember this disclaimer: Submitting a verification request does not guarantee that your account will be certified.
- Click submit!
Once you submit your application, Instagram will review your certification request and let you know if it was approved or denied. If approved, you will have the certified logo on instagram. Be patient, as Instagram does not have an official timeline covering how long this process will take.
What you need to verify on Instagram to get the certified logo
Now that we’ve explained how to apply for verification on Instagram, you’re probably wondering, what are your chances?
Although no one can answer that question exactly. Here are the main factors Instagram uses to determine whether or not your account certification request is accepted. If you don’t meet these four standards, your application could be rejected. But fear not! You can reapply as you continue to grow your account and optimize your Instagram.
Here are the criteria to check to maximize your chances of getting your account verified:
According to Instagram “your account must represent a natural person, registered business or entity. “It’s pretty simple. You can’t create an account for someone who doesn’t actually exist (for example, a character from a movie or TV show). You can create that account, but don’t expect Instagram to certify it.
According to Instagram, “your account must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents,” so they will not verify more than one account per person or business (with exceptions for language-specific accounts). In addition, Instagram does not verify general interest accounts. In other words, don’t expect to see meme accounts that invade your Instagram feed get verified.
To be verified, you must have a bio, profile photo, and at least one post. However, unless you’re a celebrity, one post probably won’t do it for you. Consider building your profile a bit more before applying.
Finally, your account must be remarkable for your certification to be accepted. Instagram describes “a well-known and highly sought-after brand or entity” as remarkable. This standard may be the hardest to achieve, but it’s not impossible!
Using the best Instagram hashtags to increase your audience. Or using Instagram stories by posting valuable content based on the perfect dimensions. Are two of the simple steps you can take to work on your Instagram presence and promote acceptance.
Now you’re ready to apply for certification on Instagram.
By making sure your profile meets these four criteria and submitting your application, you can be well on your way to getting that little blue check mark next to your name and taking the first step towards a real professional account. We’re keeping our fingers crossed for you!