Why was my Instagram account blocked?
To fight against online harassment and the dissemination of hateful content, Instagram has implemented various moderation tools. These are able to detect abuse, offensive content but also any publications that do not respect the rules of use.
Instagram does not skimp on the rules. Any violation is punished by an immediate deactivation of the account. However, the social network is not very talkative about the reasons that led to this banishment.
In general, as soon as an illegal activity is detected, the user sees a pop-up window appearing telling him that his account has been blocked without further details. In order to avoid making the same mistake twice, you will find here the list of the main reasons why Instagram blocks a user
- Publication of posts related to an illegal activity
- Hateful posts (racist, sexist, homophobic)
- Sending spam to other users
- Posting nude images
- Selling Instagram accounts
- Sending numerous DMs (direct messages)
- Mass Follow or Unfollow operation: operation consisting of subscribing or unsubscribing a very large number of users in a very short period of time
- Too many likes in the last 24 hours
- Publication of copyrighted content
Some users buy followers hoping to boost their fame on Instagram in record time. Be aware that this practice is prohibited by the social network’s rules. You risk seeing your profile blocked. As a reminder, here is the procedure to delete your Instagram account.
Recovering a deactivated Instagram account
Now we will see how to reactivate an Instagram account. And the good news is that the operation is not too complicated to perform. By following these instructions you should be able to access all your photos again.
- Launch the Instagram application
- Enter your username and password
- A message tells you that your account has been deactivated
- In this pop-up window is a link to learn more
- Click on it
- Then follow the instructions on the screen
If you are having trouble logging into your account, click on the get help with logging in link. Then follow the steps on the screen. You will then receive a link directly in your mailbox to create a new password.
You can also do this directly from your computer’s web browser. To do this, you will just have to open the contact page of the Instagram site and then fill out this form.Ask the contact service of Instagram a reopening of your account
You should receive a response to your request after a few days. If you don’t get anything, feel free to repeat the process described above. Here is the procedure for contacting Instagram’s support department. Note that in case of recurrence, the chances of being able to recover your Instagram account are practically zero.
What should I do if my Instagram account has been hacked?
Security is a top priority for Instagram. Your account may have been disabled due to issues related to a hacking attempt. This ban is to prevent the hacker from posting content for you or making illegal use of your content.
- Open your webmail
- Connect to the email address you used when you signed up for Instagram
- Look for the email from Instagram indicating that your account has been hacked or that someone has attempted to change your email address
- Follow the instructions given in the message
- Usually you just have to click on the link “Undo this change
Hacking cases are not rare. Most of the time, hackers change the password of your account so that you can no longer access your profile. When faced with such a situation, you’ll need to act fast.
- Open the Instagram application
- Click on the Get Help link to log in
- Enter your username
- Click on the link need more help
- Then select the my account has been hacked section
- You will be prompted to proceed with resetting your password
In some cases, Instagram will send you an email asking you to prove your identity. You will then be asked to send a photo of yourself along with the security code. With a little patience, you should normally get your Instagram account back.